Water sports

Many customers chase the sun and surf on their holidays. The TID policy covers the following activities for all the water lovers.

  • Banana boat riding
  • Black water rafting or river tubing
  • Dragon boating
  • Fishing, angling, deep sea fishing
  • Jet boating
  • Jet skiing
  • Kayaking, canoeing (including sea and white water kayaking/canoeing)
  • Kite surfing and kite wing on water
  • Outrigger canoeing
  • Parasailing over water
  • River boarding, hydrospeeding (grades 1-5)
  • Rowing
  • Sailing
  • Scuba diving#
  • Shark cage diving#
  • Snorkelling
  • Spearfishing
  • Speed boating
  • Stand up paddle surfing/paddle boarding
  • Surfing
  • Swimming
  • Swimming with whales or whale sharks
  • Wakeboarding
  • Water polo
  • Water skiing
  • White water rafting (grades 1-5)
  • Windsurfing or sailboarding
  • Zorbing over water

* We recommend that for your safety you participate in sports and activities whilst under a licensed operator and wear any safety gear where provided. You may also require a licence to participate in some activities, according to the laws of the country you're in. # Must hold an open water diving licence or dive under licenced instruction.

What's covered?


Our 24 hour emergency assistance team must be contacted if you are hospitalised.

What's not covered?

We will not pay for any claims arising from or related to:

  • parachuting, sky diving, hang gliding, parapenting or travel in an air supported device other than as a passenger in a licensed passenger aircraft operated by an airline or charter company. This does not apply to hot air ballooning or parasailing;
  • racing (except on foot);
  • professional sports, ie, you are receiving a wage, salary or appearance fee for training for or participating in the activity;
  • scuba diving unless you hold an open water diving licence or are under licenced instruction;
  • you, a member of your travelling party or a close relative intentionally exposing themselves to a needless risk or not taking reasonable care, except in an attempt to save a human life;
  • loss, theft or damage to watercraft of any type (excluding surfboards);
  • damage to sports and leisure equipment (including surfboards) while in use ;
  • damage to sports and leisure equipment due to normal wear and tear, including dents and scratches;
  • any search and rescue expenses; and
  • medical expenses in Australia
  • damage you cause to someone's property or if you injure someone due to your ownership, possession or use (including as a passenger) of a mechanically propelled vehicle, or any aircraft or watercraft.

Not all sections will apply to all activities, so please read each benefit section. Full terms, conditions and exclusions for each section are available in the PDS.

Last updated: 28 November 2016

How can we help?

Talk to us

1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.

Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm



Send us an Email

Email us

In an Emergency

Call +61 2 8256 1523
Worldwide 24/7