Many customers chase the sun and surf on their holidays. The TID policy can offer cover for the following activities for all the water lovers.
- Banana boat riding
- Black water rafting or river tubing
- Dragon boating
- Fishing, angling, deep sea fishing
- Jet boating
- Jet skiing
- Kayaking, canoeing (including sea and white water kayaking/canoeing)
- Kite surfing and kite wing on water
- Outrigger canoeing
- Parasailing over water
- River boarding, hydrospeeding (grades 1-5)
- Scuba diving#
- Shark cage diving#
- Speed boating
- Stand up paddle surfing/paddle boarding
- Swimming with whales or whale sharks
- Water polo
- Water skiing
- White water rafting (grades 1-5)
- Windsurfing or sailboarding
- Zorbing over water
We recommend that for your safety you participate in sports and activities whilst under a licensed operator and wear any safety gear where provided. You may also require a licence to participate in some activities, according to the laws of the country you're in.
# Must hold an open water diving licence or dive under licenced instruction.
- Overseas medical expenses
- Loss, theft or damage to your luggage and personal effects
- Surfboards and body boards are covered for loss, theft and damage up to the applicable limit. If it's worth more and/or you want to avoid depreciation you can list it on your policy and pay an additional premium.
- Accidental Death benefit
- Total Permanent Disability benefit (excluding Domestic policies and The Basics plan)
- Personal Liability
Our 24 hour emergency assistance team must be contacted if you are hospitalised.
What's not covered?
We will not pay for any claims arising from or related to:
- racing (except on foot);
- professional sports, ie, you are receiving a wage, salary or appearance fee for training for or participating in the activity;
- scuba diving unless you hold an open water diving licence or are under licenced instruction;
- you, a member of your travelling party or a close relative intentionally exposing themselves to a needless risk or not taking reasonable care, except in an attempt to save a human life;
- loss, theft or damage to watercraft of any type (excluding surfboards);
- damage to sports and leisure equipment (including surfboards) while in use ;
- damage to sports and leisure equipment due to normal wear and tear, including dents and scratches; and
- medical expenses in Australia
- damage you cause to someone's property or if you injure someone due to your ownership, possession or use (including as a passenger) of a mechanically propelled vehicle, or any aircraft or watercraft.
This is a brief summary of cover only and does not include the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. Read the PDS before purchasing.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
Get in contact with usContact us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523