Sailing or boating is a great way to get around when you are travelling. Our policy covers you if you are on a boat for a day or if you are on an extended trip and a boat is the main mode of transport, you can be sailing within coastal waters or outside coastal waters.
Coverage available on the following plans:
Comprehensive Overseas Insurance (The Works)
Budget Overseas Insurance (The Basics)
- Overseas medical expenses for illness or injury while sailing
- Travel expenses for your return home or evacuation are only covered if the attending registered medical practitioner advises us in writing that you are unable to continue with your trip due to sudden illness or serious injury
What's not covered?
- Risky or reckless behaviour – and that includes doing anything that could pose a risk to your personal safety.
- Travelling in international waters in a private sail vessel or privately registered sail vessel
- Travelling somewhere against Do Not Travel warnings – if there’s a government advisory against going there it’s probably not a good idea. And this includes dive sites that are off-limits.
- Sailing under the influence - being intoxicated while sailing is a bad idea and not only can affect any claims you may make, but can put at risk your life and those who are diving with you.
- Personal Liability is excluded if you are sailing, you will not be covered if you injure someone or cause damage to someone's property due to your ownership, possession or use (including as a passenger) of any watercraft.
- Racing or taking part in a professional sporting activity, including training
- Intentionally exposing yourself to a needless risk or not taking reasonable care except in an attempt to save a human life
- Medical expenses in Australia
This is a brief summary of cover only and does not include the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. Read the PDS before purchasing.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
Get in contact with usContact us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523