Travel Insurance for the UK

The United Kingdom is made up of four nations filled with a rich history. Take a trip to its urban cities, seaside towns, beautiful country sides, vibrant national parks and much more.




Your children go free
This means your dependent children or grandchildren under the age of 21 at the date of policy issue who are travelling with you.

We take care of the what ifs...

Ah, travel. We're all about that feeling of freedom. That's why we're all about covering the random stuff that can go wrong. So you can be all about the fun.

What if I get injured?

We've got you covered for Overseas Medical Expenses, including hospitals, ambulance, doctors and evacuation.

What if I lose my stuff?

We've got you covered for luggage items at up to $700 per item and you can add extra cover for your fancy stuff.

What if my flight is cancelled?

We've got you covered for Additional Expenses due to bad weather, natural disaster, riot, hijacking, strike or civil commotion.

What else is covered?

This is a brief summary only, for full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions please read the PDS.

Quick destination guide


Australians travelling to the UK for a holiday can stay up to 6 months without applying for a visa although being granted entry is at the discretion of UK authorities. Those planning to stay longer need to pay £200 a year surcharge known as the Immigration Health Surcharge. Learn More

When to go

Temperatures in the UK can vary from north and south due to its geographical location. From November to March is Winter, late March to May is Spring, June to September is Summer and Autumn occurs around late September to November. Learn More


Australia and the UK have a reciprocal healthcare agreement which allows free National Health Service (NHS) hospital and GP medical care if something unexpected happens when you visit. You'll need to register as an NHS patient and don't forget your Medicare card! Learn More

Packing List

What you'll pack will depend on the season to decide to visit, generally, the weather in the UK can change quickly and can be unpredictable. Remember to pack an umbrella! Learn More
Tick Icon
We're always here when you need us.

Our in-house team provides 24/7 worldwide support during your trip. We're just a call away.

Tick Icon
Millions of #frequentsmilers

In the last ten years, over 1 million Aussies just like you have travelled with TID.

Tick Icon
Aussie as.

We're Australian owned and operated, all from our Sydney HQ.

Tick Icon
We're all about travel.

When travel gets tricky, we get busy. We're all about taking care of the "what ifs" so you can focus on the fun.

Say hello to Tripwise.

Your policy in your pocket

Get all your policy information in one piece when you need it

Customer Service

The best way to get an answer to your burning travel insurance questions.

Travel Alerts

Stay informed with the latest alerts and information for your trip.

Wanna travel smart on your next trip? We've got an app for that, meet Tripwise. Download on the App Store
24/7 Emergency Assistance

Our in-house team provides 24/7 valuable worldwide support during your trip.

Safety tips and advice

Get the inside word and a little inspiration on your next destination.

Talk the talk

Learn some of the local lingo and pick up some essential phrases.

Travel Insurance Direct is rated 4.3 out of 5 by 2080 customers.

Travel far. Smile wide.

Get a Quote