What is sports & activities travel insurance?
For some, the memory making and joy of a holiday is found in doing adventurous activities or participating in sports. We get that and love it too. We've included over 100 sports and activities in our cover offered.
The A-Z list of Sports & Activities
Check all the activities we cover in the list below. Stay safe and participate in sports and activities whilst under a licensed operator and wear any safety gear that's provided. You may also require a licence to participate in some activities, according to the laws of the country you’re in.
If you don’t see your sport or activity here, please call our customer service team.
- Overseas medical expenses
- Loss, theft or damage to your luggage and personal effects
- Surfboards and body boards are covered for loss, theft and damage up to $700. If it’s worth more and/or you want to avoid depreciation, you can list it on your policy and pay an additional premium
- Accidental Death benefit
- Total Permanent Disability benefit
- Personal Liability
You or someone you are travelling with must contact our 24 hour emergency assistance team to arrange any medical evacuation, guarantee medical expenses to a hospital and to repatriate you to Australia.Learn more about what we cover
What's not covered?
We will not pay for any claims arising from:
- parachuting, sky diving, hang gliding, parapenting or travel in an air-supported device other than as a passenger in a licensed passenger aircraft operated by an airline or charter company. This does not apply to hot air ballooning or parasailing;
- Snow Sports and activities (except those covered when you purchase the Snow sports and activities option);
- racing (except on foot);
- professional sports;
- mountaineering or rock climbing using support ropes;
- riding a motorcycle without wearing a helmet and without having a valid licence as required in Australia and in the country of travel for the same class of motorcycle you are riding;
- riding a motorcycle as a passenger without a helmet;
- scuba diving without having an open water diving licence or diving under licenced instruction;
- you, a member of your travelling party or a close relative intentionally exposing themselves to a needless risk or not taking reasonable care, except in an attempt to save a human life;
- loss, theft or damage to watercraft of any type (excluding surfboards);
- damage to sports and leisure equipment (including surfboards) while in use;
- breakage or damage to snow sports and leisure equipment over three years old;
- damage to sports and leisure equipment due to normal wear and tear, including dents and scratches;
- any search and rescue expenses; and
- damage you cause to someone’s property or if you injure someone due to your ownership, possession or use (including as a passenger) of a mechanically propelled vehicle or any aircraft or watercraft.
Full terms, conditions and exclusions are available in the policy wordingLearn more about what we don't cover