Motorbikes and Scooters
Getting around on a motor cycle in many destinations is an efficient mode of transport for getting from A to B. Before you strart riding, there are a few things about the travel insurance coverage you need to know first.
Coverage available on the following plans:
|Domestic||Comprehensive Overseas Insurance (The Works)||Budget Overseas Insurance (The Basics)||Annual Multi-trip|
|Available||Temporarily unavailable||Temporarily unavailable||Temporarily unavailable|
- Overseas medical expenses if you are injured on a motorcycle.
- Medical evacuation to the nearest facility for treatment
- Loss, theft or damage to your luggage and personal effects. Items stolen from a locked, concealed compartment (eg, under the seat).
- Your motorbike, motor cycle, moped or motor scooter must not have an engine capacity greater than 250cc.
- You must wear a helmet at all time when riding
- You must hold an unrestricted motorcycle license that is also valid in Australia
What's not covered?
- Risky or reckless behaviour – and that includes doing anything that could pose a risk to your personal safety, like not wearing a helmet or following road rules
- Riding without an appropriate license that's valid in the destination where you're riding and Australia.
- Racing or professional sports, ie, you are receiving a wage, salary or appearance fee for training for or participating in the activity.
- Travelling somewhere against Do Not Travel warnings – if there’s a government advisory against going there it’s probably not a good idea. And this includes dive sites that are off-limits.
- Riding under the influence – being intoxicated while riding a motorcycle is illegal and not only can affect any claims you may make, but can put at risk your life and those who are diving with you.
- Riding a motor cycle with an engine capacity great than 250cc
This is not a complete list of what’s not covered under your policy - your PDS outlines all the terms, conditions, exclusion and limitations that may apply. Make sure you know what is or isn’t covered before you go, and check your PDS or contact us if you’re not sure.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
Send us an EmailEmail us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523