Travel Insurance for the USA

The USA is a vast country filled with an insurmountable range of things to do while on your holiday - you'll find something that will meet your needs.

24/7 Emergency Assistance Australian owned and operated Trusted by over 1 million Australians Easy online claims

Get travel insurance for your trip to the USA

TID cover - at a glance

  • Unlimited medical cover overseas* & 24/7 emergency assistance
  • Rental car insurance excess up to $4,000*, saving you money when you rent a car
  • Unlimited cancellation for your trip*
  • Cruises already included, so no need to purchase special cover
  • Cover for your camera, phone, laptop & luggage up to $12,000*
  • Automatic cover for over 40 pre-existing conditions

*On The Works and Annual Multi Trip plans
Full terms, conditions and exclusions are available in the PDS.

1. Where

2. When

3. Who

Your children go free
This means your dependent children or grandchildren under the age of 21 at the date of policy issue who are travelling with you.

Quick guide


Australians who are travelling to the USA for either business or a holiday may be eligible to stay up to 90 days under the ESTA Visa Waiver Program for USD$14 per application. Learn More

When to go

June to August is summertime and also the busiest season, April to May is normally a quieter period with milder weather. November to March is a lot cooler, with snowfall depending when and where you visit and normally less crowded.


Don't forget to purchase travel insurance before you leave as medical costs in the USA is considerably higher compared to Australia even for minor incidents although the standards of medical facilities are similar to Australia. Learn More

Packing List

What you pack will vary on when and where you're going in the USA but don't forget to use Transportation Security Administration (TSA) marked locks for your luggage as this will allow them to open it for inspection with a TSA master key, while non-TSA locks may be cut from your bag, destroying the lock. Learn More

Travel smarts for your next trip

Get travel and safety tips for your next trip, plus instant access to your policy!

Download Tripwise