The Travel Insurance Direct policy will cover you when you are surfing or body boarding on your own or as part of an organised group.
- Overseas medical expenses for sudden illness or serious injury
- Medical evacuation to the nearest facility for treatment
- Cancellation or rearrangement of your pre-paid travel and accommodation arrangements because you can't continue on your trip or you need to catch up to your trip when you're better
- Repatriation home including additional leg room or stretcher, nurse escort or additional medical assistance, once approved by us following medical advice
- The costs for an escort to be with you. This may be a family member from Australia or one of your travelling companions in place of the attending registered medical practitioner, when agreed by us.
- Loss of income benefit when you are injured (does not apply to illness). Only available on The Works and Annual Multi Trip
- Daily allowance in hospital for hospitalisations over 48 hours
- Costs towards your original return airfare if you need to be brought back with a medical escort and you were in hospital for more than 25% of your trip
- Accidental Death benefit paid to your estate should you die within 12 months of the injury (does not apply to dependent children)
- Total Permanent Disability benefit paid to you if you experience permanent loss of sight in one or both eyes or permanent total loss of one or more limbs within a year of an accident resulting in injury (limited benefit for dependent children)
- Surfboards and body boards are covered for loss, theft and damage up to $700. If it's worth more and/or you want to avoid depreciation you can list it on your policy and pay an additional premium.
- You or someone you are travelling with must contact our 24 hour emergency assistance team to arrange any medical evacuation, guarantee medical expenses to a hospital and to repatriate you to Australia.
What's not covered?
We will not pay for any claims arising from:
- Damage to surfboards: while you are using them and/or caused by normal wear & tear
- Racing (except on foot)
- Professional sports ie, you are receiving a wage, salary or appearance fee for training for or participating in the activity
- Any search and rescue expenses
- Medical expenses in Australia
Please refer to the PDS available on our website for the full benefit limits, conditions and exclusions that apply.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8263 0483 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
Send us an EmailEmail us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523