Skiing and Snowboarding
To be covered for Skiing or Snowboarding activities you MUST add the Snow Sports and Activities Option when you buy your policy, which you do when you choose your options. This option covers you for the following activities when participating in areas designated as safe by a resort, tour operator or local authority:
- Snow skiing and Snowboarding on-piste and off-piste within resort and terrain park boundaries on groomed or ungroomed runs and marked trails which are patrolled or monitored by resort authorities;
- Backcountry snow skiing and snowboarding, including heli-skiing and cat skiing, only when on a guided tour with a licensed tour operator;
- Cross country skiing on marked trails;
- Tobogganing (on-piste);
- Snowmobile use when provided by the recognised piste authority for transport to and from areas designed for recreational skiing within resort boundaries or when on a guided tour with a licensed tour operator;
- Walking (up to 3,000 metres) on ice or glaciers, when on a guided tour with a licensed tour operator;
- Sleigh riding and dog sledding, when on a guided tour with a licensed tour operator.
- Overseas medical expenses for sudden illness or serious injury while you are participating in specific snow sports and activities.
- Medical evacuation to the nearest facility for treatment when approved by us, including any transport by ski patrol.
- Cancellation or additional transport and accommodation expenses incurred when you are injured whilst participating in specific snow sports and activities.
- Accidental damage, theft or permanent loss of your snow sports gear up to $700 per item or set (eg, a set of skis with bindings are one item). You can obtain cover for valuable items up to $4,000 per item (up to $10,000 all items) by specifying themit at the time of purchase and paying an additional premium. (Cover is available for breakage or damage of equipment up to three years old.)
- Your snow sports gear is covered while you are using it.
- Piste closure benefit - we will pay $100 Single/$200 Family for each day the ski facilities at your pre-booked resort are closed due to adverse snow conditions or where there is no snow and it is within the normal ski season for that resort.
- Snow skiing pre-paid costs - where you are ill or injured and unable to participate in snow sports and activities for more than 24 hours, we will pay the non-recoverable amount for pre-paid:
- Ski equipment hire;
- Lift passes;
- Ski school costs.
- Snow skiing equipment replacement - hiring alternative ski equipment when your equipment is misdirected or it's arrival is delayed or your ski equipment has been lost, stolen or damaged.
- Hired snow skiing equipment - we will pay for hired equipment that has been lost, stolen or damaged. This includes skis, poles, ski boots and bindings, ski helmets, snowboards, snowboard boots and bindings.
- Depending on the plan you have purchased, various other sections of the policy are extended to cover you while you are participating in the specified Snow Sports and Activities.
To be covered while participating in the snow sports and activities listed in Section 16, the Snow Sports and Activities Option must be purchased for an additional premium and be listed on your Certificate of Insurance.
You must be in an area designated as safe by a resort, tour operator or local authority
What's not covered?
- Damage to snow sports and leisure equipment over three years old.
- Damage to snow sports and leisure equipment due to normal wear and tear including dents and scratches.
- Racing, bobsleighing/bobsledding, luge, skeleton, tubing, ski acrobatics, ski jumping, skijoring, snow kiting, snow biking, snow rafting, ice hockey, ice climbing, activities on frozen lakes and rivers, and any form of power-assisted skiing.
- Events that occur outside the normal ski season for the resort.
- Racing (except on foot).
- Taking part in professional sports.
- Intentionally exposing yourself to a needless risk or not taking reasonable care
- Any search and rescue expenses
- Medical expenses in Australia
Any applicable exclusions to Sections 1-16 and General Exclusions applicable to all sections.
The Snow Sports and Activities Option applies for the duration of your policy including the Annual Multi Trip policy.
This is a summary of the cover provided under the Snow Sports and Activities Option, and you should read the PDS for the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions that apply.
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8263 0483 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
Send us an EmailEmail us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523