Jet skiing is common in South East Asia, the Pacific Islands and even on a cruise. Here's the lowdown on what's covered and not covered on your TID policy when you're on a jet ski.
We are aware of a lot of scams on tourists hiring jet skis in Thailand. Make sure you check the condition of your jet ski before you go on it, as some companies will paint over damage with a paint that washes off in water so when you return it you'll be faced with a bill for the damage.
- Overseas medical expenses
- Loss, theft or damage to your luggage and personal effects
- Accidental Death benefit
- Total Permanent Disability benefit (excluding Domestic policies)
- Obey any local water safety rules
What's not covered?
- professional sports, ie, you are receiving a wage, salary or appearance fee for training for or participating in the activity;
- you, a member of your travelling party or a close relative intentionally exposing themselves to a needless risk or not taking reasonable care, except in an attempt to save a human life;
- loss, theft or damage to watercraft ;
- damage to sports and leisure equipment while in use;
- any search and rescue expenses; and
- medical expenses in Australia
- personal liability - damage you cause to someone's property or if you injure someone while on a jet ski.
Full terms, conditions and exclusions for each section are available in the PDS.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8263 0483 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
Send us an EmailEmail us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523