Cover for Accidental Death | Travel Insurance Direct (TID)
It’s not something any of us like to think about, but when embarking on a family holiday or a solo adventure, you may want to consider making sure your affairs are in order.
By that we mean an up to date will and testament and a travel policy that offers a payment to your estate or those on your policy – spouse, partner, or child(ren) – in the following circumstances:
- you die within 12 months as a direct result of an injury sustained during your trip; or
- you are presumed dead, and your body is not found within 12 months after the transport you were in disappears, sinks, is wrecked or crashes.
The policy detail
Of the four TID plans available to choose from – The Works, The Basics, Domestic and Annual Multi Trip (AMT) – the only one that doesn’t provide cover for accidental death is The Basics policy.
If you die as a direct result of an accidental injury on your trip, The Works and AMT provides up to $25,000 of cover, while a Domestic Policy insures you for up to $10,000.
See the PDS for further details.
What's not covered:
- There is no cover under Accidental death if your death arises from an illness or your suicide.
- There is no cover where you have made a claim for the same costs under any other section of the policy.
- Any illness or death that arises from a metastatic or terminal prognosis that was made prior to the issue of the Certificate of Insurance.
What about funeral expenses?
You may have cover for funeral expenses under the above-mentioned policies (excluding The Basics). See the PDS for full details.
What is covered?
We will pay for expenses for your burial or cremation overseas if you die during the trip.
What is not covered?
There is no cover where you have made a claim for the same costs under any other section of the policy.
What is the most we will pay?
The most we will pay for this benefit is shown in the Schedule of benefits for your chosen plan. Limits apply per adult traveller and are not increased for accompanying children.
Travel with confidence
Our 24-hour Emergency Assistance team is always available to help you to understand the policy, what you may be covered for and any documentation you need to pick up along the way.
Our travel safety team at TID work to keep customers informed and publish information on major events on our website.
Call the 24/7 Emergency Assistance line or email our team day or night as required.
This is a brief summary of cover only and does not include the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. Read the PDS before purchasing.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
9:00am - 6:00pm
Get in contact with usContact us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523