Online claims in 10 easy steps | Travel Insurance Direct
- Step 1 - Login
- Step 2 - Start your claim
- Step 3 - Answer a couple of questions about what happened
- Step 4 - Now describe what happened
- Step 5 - Questions specific to your claim
- Step 6 - List expenses you are claiming
- Step 7 - You've got an e-mail!
- Step 8 - Upload your documents
- Step 9 - Review your claim
- Step 10 - Submit your claim
Step 1 - Log in!
Log in with your email address and TID password you used when you bought your policy, whichever you chose - The Basics, The Works, or Annual Multi Trip.
Step 2 - Start your claim
Once you have logged in, select Claims from the menu and then 'Make a new claim'
Step 3 - Answer a couple of questions about what happened
The first few questions allow us to understand what type of claim you'll be making, which makes it easier later on. Once you've answered these questions, click 'Continue to the next step'.
We then ask you when, where and who it happened to.
Step 4 - Now describe what happened
Tell us in your own words what happened. Please describe this in as much detail as you can, as the more details you give us the easier it'll be for us to assess your claim as fast as possible.
Step 5 - Questions specific to your claim
The next questions are specifically about your claim. As you answer them, we'll advise you of what exact documents you'll need to provide to support your claim.
Example: for a baggage claim we might ask:
Step 6 - Now list the expenses you are claiming
We ask you to list any expenses you are claiming for one at a time. The type of claim will determine what type of expenses you are able to list.
Add your expenses one at a time and build up a list of the expenses you are claiming.
Step 7 - You've got e-mail!
We now understand your claim well enough, so check your email as we will have sent you instructions and a list of the documents we need. Gather your receipts and documents together and follow the instructions and attach your documents to your claim. Your claim has been saved so you can return to it easily.
Step 8 - Upload your documents
Once you have gathered your documents together, it's time to upload them and submit your claim. Log in to TID and return to your claim.
- If you have the documents we ask for, click 'Select files' and choose the files to upload. You can submit multiple files for each requested document if it is necessary.
- If you don't have the documents, we asked for you'll be asked to provide a reason.
Step 9 - Review your claim
We summarise your entire claim on one page so you can review it before you submit it.
Step 10 - Submit your claim
Please confirm your contact details and complete the declaration and then click 'Submit'.
And you're done.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I Create Digital Documents? | Travel Insurance Direct
- What do I do when my type of claim isn't supported online?
- Can I save my online claim | Travel Insurance Direct (TID)
- Online claims in 10 easy steps | Travel Insurance Direct
Need a hand?
Our Customer Service team is always available to help you to understand the policy, and, and what the policy offers cover for . Our TID travel safety team work to keep customers informed and publish information on major travel events on our website.
This is a brief summary of cover only. Cover is subject to the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions outlined in the Product Disclosure Statement
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
9:00am - 6:00pm
Get in contact with usContact us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523