What do I do when my type of claim isn't supported online?
While the majority of claims can be made online, there are a few types where you can not yet do this. If this is the case, please follow these instructions:
Step 1: Get your paperwork together
To settle your claim TID is going to need certain documents and evidence from your travels. The checklist on page 10 of the claim form will help you assemble the documents required and help you complete your claim so we suggest you get these together first.
Step 2: Download & complete a claim form
Please download a claim form.
In order for us to process your claim quickly it's important that you complete all the relevant sections of this form with as much detail as you can.
5 tips to better claims
- You can complete this PDF electronically by typing into the fields. If you complete by hand, please write clearly.
- Make sure you sign the claims form
- Make sure you send us all of your supporting documents
- If in doubt, tell us more not less
- If posting your claim, take copies of everything and send it recorded delivery
Step 3: Send us your claim
Please check through your form thoroughly and then send your completed claim form together with original supporting documents and keep a copy for your records.
- The fastest way to submit a claim is by email:
- Scan or photograph all pages of your claim form
- Scan or photograph all supporting documents
- Attach your claim form, photographs and supporting documents (max file size 10Mb) to an email with your policy number as the subject
- Email the claim to [email protected]
Alternatively, mail your documents to:Travel Insurance Direct Claims
PO Box A975
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8263 0483 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
Send us an EmailEmail us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523