Can I save my online claim | Travel Insurance Direct (TID)
At Travel Insurance Direct we want you to have a good claims experience. We know that claiming on your travel insurance policy can be daunting, which is why we have outlined exactly what you must do in the event of a claim or accident in each of our policy’s Product Disclosure Statement.
Saving your claim
To make the process easier on travellers, we ensure that you can save your claim throughout the journey.
As you progress through the claim, it automatically saves as you are going along. But if you need to pause your claim for any reason at all, there is a 'Save Claim' button at the bottom of every page. Simply click on this and everything you have entered will be saved.
Check out our Online Claims in 10 Easy Steps page for more details.
- Overseas medical expenses - including hospitalisation and medical treatment as required.
- Cancellation costs - Cover if you have to cancel your trip due to one of the events listed (e.g., illness or injury). For more information on trip cancellation coverage click here. Sub-limits apply
- Luggage and personal effects - Cover if your luggage and personal effects are stolen, permanently lost or accidentally damaged due to circumstances outside of your control. Depreciation and sub-limits apply. Additional cover is available by specifying your valuable items and paying an additional premium.
- Total Permanent Disability benefit (excluding Domestic policies)
- Accidental Death benefit - Cover if you die as a direct result of an accidental injury on your trip. Sub-limits apply.
What's not covered?
- High-risk behaviour - if you deliberately put your life in danger or don't take reasonable care then you won't be covered.
- Traveling despite Government issued ‘Do Not Travel’ warnings – TID does not cover losses arising from government intervention including broadly imposed quarantine or border closures; that travel advice may impact the cover available and there is no cover for any events that there is a ‘Do Not Travel’ warning for at any destination.
- Any injury or loss associated with professional sports - if you are receiving a wage, salary or appearance fee for training for or participating in the activity you will not be covered.
- Personal liability - arising from your intentional, unlawful, wilfully negligent, or malicious act, for example, damage you cause to someone's property or if you injure someone.
Have any questions?
If you’re uncertain at any point during the claims process please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service team , they’re well-versed on all questions relating to every level of TID cover and can guide you through your travel insurance queries.
Travel with confidence
Our 24-hour assistance team is always available to help you to understand the policy, what you may be covered for and any documentation you need to pick up along the way.
Our travel safety team at TID work to keep customers informed and publish information on major events on our website. Call the Emergency Assistance line or email our team day or night as required.
This is a brief summary of cover only. Cover is subject to the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions outlined in the Product Disclosure Statement.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
9:00am - 6:00pm
Get in contact with usContact us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523