Following a dream to work and live overseas? TID wants you to be informed before taking this exciting step. You may be planning to get a one-way ticket, build a school in Cambodia or work for a ski season.
We can cover these types of work (paid or volunteering):
- general farm work
- working on a yacht
- gym instructor
- yoga teacher
- swimming instructor
We will need more information if you are planning to:
- do manual work that requires the use of power tools or operating machinery, workat heights
- working with animals
- work as a ski, snowboard or scuba instructor
- working as an instructor or guide in any other sports or activities.
This is what we need to know:
- who you are working for and the website for the specific programme you'll be undertaking
- where you'll be and for how long
- what you will be doing, and
- your past experience and qualifications in such activities
Email this information to us and we'll pass it on to the underwriters for consideration.
- Overseas medical expenses
- Loss, theft or damage to your luggage and personal effects
- Accidental Death benefit
- Total Permanent Disability benefit (excluding Domestic policies and The Basics plan)
- Personal liability (except where you are working in your normal trade, business or profession)
What's not covered?
- racing (except on foot)
- any loss that is recoverable under a scheme that provides coverage for any medical treatment; for example, Medicare, a private health fund, national reciprocal health fund or scheme, workers’ compensation scheme, travel compensation fund or accident compensation scheme.
- professional sports
- you, a member of your travelling party or a close relative intentionally exposing themselves to a needless risk or not taking reasonable care, except in an attempt to save a human life
- loss, theft or damage to watercraft of any type (excluding surfboards)
- damage to sports and leisure equipment (including surfboards) while in use
- medical expenses in Australia
- personal liability - loss or damage you cause to someone's property or if you injure someone because of your trade, business or profession or while using a mechanically propelled vehicle or watercraft.
- Working as a mountaineering or rock climbing instructor or mountain guide where ropes or specialised equipment is used.
This is a brief summary of cover only and does not include the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. Read the PDS before purchasing.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
Send us an EmailEmail us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523