Following a dream to work and live overseas? TID wants you to travel with confidence every step of the way. You may be planning to get a one-way ticket, build a school in Cambodia or work for a ski season.
This is what you need to know about the types of work we'll cover, whether you need to apply in writing for cover or whether the type of work you'll be doing is excluded. The following applies whether you are being paid or volunteering.
We will cover these types of work:
- general farm work
- working on a yacht
- gym instructor
- yoga teacher
- swimming instructor
We will need more information if you are planning to:
- do manual work that requires the use of power tools or operating machinery, workat heights
- working with animals
- work as a ski, snowboard or scuba instructor
- working as an instructor guide in any other covered sports or activities.
This is what we need to know:
- who you are working for and the website for the specific programme you'll be undertaking
- where you'll be and for how long
- what you will be doing, and
- your past experience and qualifications in such activities
Email this information to us and we'll pass it on to the underwriters for consideration.
- Overseas medical expenses
- Loss, theft or damage to your luggage and personal effects
- Accidental Death benefit
- Total Permanent Disability benefit (excluding Domestic policies)
- Personal liability (except where you are working in your normal trade, business or profession)
What's not covered?
- racing (except on foot)
- any loss that is recoverable from any workers compensation act, transport accident laws or by any Government sponsored fund, plan, medical benefit scheme or any other legislation.
- professional sports
- you, a member of your travelling party or a close relative intentionally exposing themselves to a needless risk or not taking reasonable care, except in an attempt to save a human life
- loss, theft or damage to watercraft of any type (excluding surfboards)
- damage to sports and leisure equipment (including surfboards) while in use
- any search and rescue expenses
- medical expenses in Australia
- personal liability - loss or damage you cause to someone's property or if you injure someone because of your trade, business or profession or while using a mechanically propelled vehicle or watercraft.
- Working as a mountaineering or rock climbing instructor or mountain guide where ropes or specialised equipment is used (see General Exclusion 20(e) in the PDS).
Full terms, conditions and exclusions are available in the PDS
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8263 0483 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
Send us an EmailEmail us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523