Travel Insurance on a one way ticket

Whether you're planning an extended stay with family and friends overseas, working your way around the world or just seeing where life takes you, Travel Insurance Direct may have plans available to cover your trip.

When you are travelling on a one-way ticket, the normal policy terms and conditions apply; however, there are a couple of special conditions you need to know about.

If you need to be repatriated to Australia for a reason we cover, we would normally use your return ticket to get you home. Where you don't have a return ticket, we will deduct from the amount we pay you the cost of an economy airfare at the carrier's regular published rates for the return journey.

You will still need to meet our definition of a 'resident'.

You can always buy a policy even if you are already overseas. , however, if you’ve already started travelling when your Certificate of Insurance is issued then a 72-hour waiting period will apply before cover for any events begins. So, if your plans change and you are still away, you can still purchase a TID policy, provided you are still a 'resident' of Australia, as defined. 

This is a brief summary of cover only and does not include the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. Read the PDS before purchasing.

Last updated: 20 December 2021

How can we help?

Talk to us

1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.

Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm



Get in contact with us

Contact us

In an Emergency

Call +61 2 8256 1523
Worldwide 24/7