Activities in the air
Coverage available on the following plans:
|Domestic||Comprehensive Overseas Insurance (The Works)||Budget Overseas Insurance (The Basics)||Annual Multi-trip|
- Overseas medical expenses (not available on the Domestic plan) if something goes wrong
- Loss, theft or damage to your luggage and personal effects - for example, losing your sunnies out of a hot air balloon
- Accidental death
Cover for your gear
Cover is available for your gear under the luggage and personal effects benefit for accidental loss, theft and accidental damage for things like your hiking boots, camping equipment, sleeping bag and Gore-Tex jacket.
For items on the more expensive side (over the sub limits in the PDS), you can avoid depreciation by choosing to specify these items when purchasing your policy for an additional premium.
What's not coveredThere’s a number of things we don’t cover, so before you become airborne, understand the policy exclusion, which include are, but are not limited to:
- Risky or reckless behaviour – there’s a reason why so many people are afraid of heights (because it can be dangerous) and whilst BASE jumping may look thrilling it’s not something we can cover.
- Taking part in activities while intoxicated.
- Travelling somewhere against Do Not Travel warnings or government advisories– if there’s advice saying don’t go don’t ignore it. This can include an entire country, region or local area.
- Racing or professional sports, ie, you are receiving a wage, salary or appearance fee for training for or participating in the activity.
- Taking part in a competitive record attempt involving aircraft.
- Medical expenses in Australia
- Personal liability - damage you cause to someone's property or if you injure someone arising from your ownership, possession or use (including as a passenger) of any aircraft.
Activities we don't cover (some anyway)...
- Playing polo
- Mountaineering using support ropes
- Rock climbing
- Participating in BASE jumping
- Running with the bulls
- Pot holing
This is a brief summary of cover only and does not include the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. Read the PDS before purchasing.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
Get in contact with usContact us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523