Travel Insurance Direct’s Coronavirus travel costs benefit
TID’s travel insurance cover offers a Coronavirus travel costs benefit on The Works, the Annual Multi Trip and the Domestic plans. It offers cover for eight specific Coronavirus related events, some of which include cover for cancellation and quarantine expenses.
- Your non-refundable pre-paid travel costs incurred if you have to cancel your trip when you or a member of your travelling party are diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The non-refundable pre-paid travel arrangements of our healthcare workers, residential care workers and law enforcement officers if their leave is cancelled.
- Your non-refundable pre-paid travel costs if your business partner or close relative is hospitalised or dies from Coronavirus and you have to cancel your trip.
- When your accommodation is closed for cleaning following a confirmed case of Coronavirus at the accommodation, we can pay towards accommodation nearby; just make sure you get written confirmation from the accommodation provider of their closure.
- If you’re denied boarding pre-paid public transport because you’re suspected of being infected with Coronavirus, we can cover your reasonable additional travel, meals and accommodation. Don’t forget to get written confirmation from the carrier.
- Costs for your compulsory quarantine during your trip as a result of your or a member of your travelling party’s diagnosis or confirmed close contact with a case of Coronavirus – cover for your costs like hotel, meals and most importantly, Netflix!
- Your extra childcare costs if you’re diagnosed with Coronavirus during your trip - the ability to entertain the kids in a hotel room overseas may be hindered if you’re unwell.
- Your extra costs for care of your pets back home if you’re diagnosed with Coronavirus during your trip - we understand that hotels for our furry friends aren’t cheap!
- The Coronavirus Travel Costs benefit has a benefit limit of $2,500.00 per adult; whether you’re on the Annual multi-trip, The Works or the Domestic plan.
What we don’t cover:
- Travel to any destination (region or country) with a travel ban in place. And, yes, that means within Australia, too.
- Risky business – just because you’ve got a face mask doesn’t mean you should be travelling into a Coronavirus hotspot or visiting someone you know has contracted the virus.
- The purchasing of a policy after you become aware of something that may likely lead to a claim.
- Ignoring a doctor’s advice that you are not well enough to travel and travelling anyway – many of us have probably hopped on a plane with the sniffles before, but times have changed.
- Hotel quarantine that’s required when you return to Australia – at this point, we know that this is an expense that you’ll be up for and it should be incorporated into your travel plans.
This is a brief summary of cover only and does not include the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. Read the PDS before purchasing.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
Get in contact with usContact us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523