Sports and activities we don't cover
If you choose to do any of the following you will still be covered for the rest of your trip, but not for claims arising from participating in any of these sports or activities.
- Activities on frozen lakes and rivers
- Flying in an ultralight, hang glider or glider where you’re participating in a competitive record attempt
- Ice climbing
- Ice fishing
- Ice hockey
- Parachuting (e.g. BASE jumping)
- Paragliding, parapenting, parascending
- Racing except on foot (for example, Ice Run, Mongol Derby, Mongol Rally, Mototaxi Junket, other motor racing experiences, Rickshaw Run, Triathlon, World Cycle Race)
- Rock climbing with ropes
- Ski acrobatics
- Ski jumping
- Skydiving, tandem skydiving
- Snow biking
- Snow kiting
- Snow rafting
- Snow tubing
While this is not an exhaustive list, the following are the main exclusions that would apply to all sports and activities. If you don't see your activity listed above check our list of covered activities or call our customer service team on 1300 843 843 Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Saturdays 9am -5pm.
Main exclusions relating to sports and activities
- Snow sports and activities (except those covered when you purchase the Snow sports option);
- Racing (except on foot);
- Taking part in professional sports;
- Mountaineering using support ropes, abseiling or rock climbing;
- Riding a motorcycle with an engine capacity greater than 250 cc or without having a valid licence as required in your country of residence and in the country of travel;
- Riding a motorcycle as a passenger without a helmet;
- Scuba diving without having an open water diving licence or diving under licensed instruction;
- You or a member of your travelling party intentionally and recklessly placing themselves in circumstances, or undertaking activities which pose a risk to their personal safety (except in an attempt to save a human life);
- Loss, theft or damage to watercraft of any type (excluding surfboards);
- Damage to sports and leisure equipment (including surfboards) while in use;
- Damage to sports and leisure equipment due to normal wear and tear;
- Medical expenses within Australia; and
- Damage you cause to someone's property or if you injure someone due to your ownership, possession or use (including as a passenger) of a mechanically propelled vehicle, any aircraft or any watercraft, or firearm.
This is a brief summary of cover only and does not include the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. Read the PDS before purchasing.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
Get in contact with usContact us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523