Corporate travel, whether it’s across the country or across the world, is a growth market globally and as such requires as much consideration as leisure travel when it comes to travel insurance.
For those who frequently travel for business, Travel Insurance Direct (TID’s) Annual Multi Trip (AMT) Insurance is often a more valuable consideration.
The beauty of AMT cover is that it applies to business trips and leisure breaks. The maximum duration for a business trip on the AMT policy is 35 days. If you are mixing business and leisure on your journey, provided the main purpose of your trip is for business, then you can be away for up to 35 days in total.
The AMT policy, like all our TID policies, cover you for plenty of travel-related issues, such as:
- Luggage and personal effects
- Medical evacuation and repatriation
- Sports and activities cover
and much more
What’s not covered?
- There is no cover under this plan when you are between trips, other than any benefits you may be entitled to under the Cancellation or holiday deferment costs and events 1 to 4 under Coronavirus travel costs.
- Intoxication and reckless behaviour are not covered in any of our policies. If you are injured or become ill and alcohol is found to be a contributing factor, that may result in any insurance claim you lodge being declined.
- If you leave your personal belongings unattended at a café or forget to lock your hire vehicle, loss of such items may not be claimed under your AMT policy.
- If you ignore the ‘Do Not Travel warnings’ issued by Government authorities like Smartraveller or the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) losses to that end will not be covered.
- Travelling against doctor’s advice.
For more information on what we don’t cover you can read our article that goes into more detail on the above.
Corporate Travel FAQs
What should I do if I need emergency assistance?
Should you fall ill during your travels, you should contact our 24/7 Emergency Assistance Team immediately.
TID’s team of experts can connect you with local medical facilities, and help you navigate local customs. They can also assist by contacting friends and family where needed.
Is there cover for Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the AMT policy?
COVID-19 related events are covered on the AMT policy. If you get sick with Coronavirus while on your journey, TID provides cover for medical expenses incurred up to the value of $2,500.
This is a brief summary of cover only. Cover is subject to the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions outlined in the Product Disclosure Statement.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
9:00am - 6:00pm
Get in contact with usContact us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523