Who Can Buy?

You are welcome to purchase a policy with us to cover your travels, even if you are already overseas,provided you are an Australian citizen or a resident who meets the age limits of the plan selected. This includes holders of Australian 457 visas, other skilled working visas and spousal visas, but it excludes those on Australian working holiday visas.

If you need to be repatriated to Australia for medical reasons, you will need to have appropriate long-term medical cover in Australia such as Medicare or through a private health fund. We cannot cover you for medical costs in Australia as we are not registered to do so.

Unlike other insurers, you do not need to be commencing from or returning to Australia in order to purchase our insurance. When purchasing a policy, simply enter the date you want the policy to commence in the 'Departure Date' and the date you want the policy to end in the 'Return Date'.

Please be aware, however, that if you have a claimable event requiring your return to Australia, we will use your return ticket if that reduces our costs. If you don't have a return ticket, we will deduct the cost of an economy class airfare at the carrier's regular published rates for the return trip.

Last updated: 24 December 2015

How can we help?

Talk to us

1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.

Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm



Send us an Email

Email us

In an Emergency

Call +61 2 8256 1523
Worldwide 24/7