Pre-Existing Medical Conditions - definition
Existing Medical Conditions - definition
For information relating to pre-existing medical conditions under policies purchased prior to 7 December 2017, including the definition of 'pre-existing medical conditions', please check the PDS provided with your purchase. You can contact us if you need this sent to you again.
For policies purchased from 7 December 2017: The policy wording defines an existing medical condition as, a medical condition for which, at the time of policy purchase, you have ever:
- had symptoms or been diagnosed;
- been prescribed medication;
- received (or are waiting for) medical treatment;
- received (or are waiting for) tests, investigations or specialist consultation;
- received or been advised to attend a follow-up consultation; and/or
- had surgery or attended a hospital or clinic (as an outpatient or inpatient).
- It also includes any chronic or ongoing medical condition or terminal illness.
Please Note: This definition applies to you, a member of your travelling party, a close relative, and any other person.
The Existing Medical Conditions definition and the full policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions are available in the PDS.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
Send us an EmailEmail us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523