Travel Warnings and Insurance | Travel Insurance Direct
When travelling the world, the team at Travel Insurance Direct (TID) want you to be safe and enjoy every moment. However, your travels may be affected by a mix of unforeseen events worldwide, which could include severe weather, riots, civil unrest and terrorism.
That’s why we think you should consider taking out a travel insurance policy with us, whichever you think suits you and your travel plans best. We offer four great choices that suit whatever travel needs you may have - The Works, The Basics, Domestic and Annual Multi Trip.
Each of our policy options have inclusions and exclusions, and while everything is outlined in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), there are a few things that can affect your ability to claim.
Travelling against advice
If you choose to travel to, plan to travel to or choose to remain in a country or region for which there is a ‘Do Not Travel’ warning, then any loss arising from the reason for the ‘Do Not Travel’ warning will not be covered.
Exclusions for travelling against the advice of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) will still apply even if you have an exemption to travel under a Travel Bans issued by the Department of Home Affairs.
Information regarding Travel Alerts
We aim to keep you informed about unforeseen and unexpected events around the world when they happen. Keep an eye out for travel alerts on our website, however please check Smartraveller for the international destination you are travelling to prior to travelling or planning to travel to a destination.
So long as you haven’t ignored the government-issued warnings TID provide cover for:
- Travel delay: if your pre-paid scheduled transport is delayed at least 6 hours for operational reasons due to unforeseen reasons outside your control; for reasonable additional meals and accommodation; and your unusable, non-recoverable accommodation, events and attractions. Sub-limits apply.
- Cancellation cover: no matter the policy, you can opt to add cancellation cover of your chosen amount. It may cover you for:
- You, or a travel buddy, are struck by illness (or worse) before or during your trip.
- A close relative or business partner suffers a serious illness or injury.
- A natural disaster hits the place you're travelling to.
- A natural disaster or fire destroys your home in Australia.
- You’re made redundant or your employer cancels your pre-approved leave.
- Travel insurance benefits if your trip is cancelled.
Get a quote to get your next domestic or international adventure underway today.
Emergency expenses cover when you need it the most
You are covered for this benefit under The Works, The Basics and Annual Multi Trip Plans.
What is covered?
During your trip, we will cover you for reasonable additional travel arrangements you make within 48 hours of a public warning being issued in the mass media of severe weather, natural disaster, riot, strike or civil insurrection that is likely/expected to directly impact your travel arrangements.
Worldwide Emergency Assistance 24/7
If you’re already travelling, contact our 24-hour Emergency Assistance team who can help with what to do.
They can help navigate what to do if you can’t travel back to Australia as planned, help you access medical attention or hospitalisation if you’re sick, or talk you through options to extend your policy if you’re stuck and can’t get home.
Need a hand?
Our Customer Service team is always available to help you to understand the policy, what you may be covered for and any documentation you need to pick up along the way.
This is a brief summary of cover only. Cover is subject to the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions outlined in the Product Disclosure Statement.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
9:00am - 6:00pm
Get in contact with usContact us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523