What happens if I don't have some of the documents you ask for?
If you're completing your claim online, and you don't have all the documents we requested from you, don't panic! Sometimes, despite your best efforts, it's just not possible to get them.
Here's what to do.
If you've lost (or don't have) a receipt:
- Provide us with a Credit Card statement that shows the purchase of the item.
- Provide a warranty for the item or any other documentation you might have which confirms your ownership of the particular item.
- Ask the store you purchased the item from to provide you with a copy of the purchase receipt.
If the item was a gift:
- You will need to ask the person who gave it to you for the receipt or a copy of any of the above.
If you don't have a report (eg. Medical Report, Property Irregularity Report, Repair Report)
If we've asked you to provide a Police Report, Medical Report or some other documentation to verify the facts of your claim and you don't have them:
- Try to contact the relevant authority or person and ask them to give you a copy of the report (or some other documentation in writing).
- In some cases, organisations or airlines simply do not provide reports in writing. If this is the case, make a note of the company/organisation you contacted, the person you called, their position and their contact details in case we need to contact them directly to clarify the facts of your claim. (You will be able to enter these details on the documents page.)
- If you're claiming for damaged goods, you will need to get a repair report if you don't already have one.
- If there is nobody you can contact to get one, don't worry. We consider each claim on its merits, and where there are extenuating circumstances, we will take these into consideration when we review your claim. ?
So what next?
Once you've obtained most of documents we requested, and created digital copies, it's time to complete your claim submission.
Remember, when you need to upload the documents, if you don't have them you'll be able to make a note against that particular document explaining why.
- Log in to TID and click on 'Claims' on the left.
- Click 'Continue your claim', for your relevant claim.
- This will take you to 'You've got e-mail'.
- Then click 'Continue and Attach Documents'. This will take you to a page that looks like the screenshot below.
- Next to each document, you can indicate whether or not you've managed to locate the document. Where you can't locate a document, you will be asked to enter a reason.
This is a brief summary of cover only and does not include the full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. Read the PDS before purchasing.
How can we help?
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8256 1537 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
Get in contact with usContact us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523