Travel Insurance for Pregnancy
When you fall pregnant, it's natural to want to visit your loved ones, and Travel Insurance Direct can help you make that journey.
We can cover pregnant women while travelling provided your trip ends on or before your 26th week of gestation for single pregnancies or the 19th week for a multiple pregnancy. Although it's not part of the policy requirements, you should discuss your travel plans with your doctor before you make your arrangements
- Cancellation or rearrangement of your trip due to unexpected pregnancy complications
- Overseas emergency medical treatment
Claims arising from but not limited to:
- fertility treatment at anytime and any resulting complications;
- any pregnancy complications that you had, at any time, prior to your policy being issued;;
- a single pregnancy after 26 weeks gestation;
- a multiple pregnancy after 19 weeks gestation;
- childbirth at any time;
- regular antenatal care;
- care of a newborn child;
- any medical expenses in Australia;
- travelling against medical advice.
Also, you should plan your trip so you're home by the end of the 26th week for single pregnancies (or the 19th week for multiple pregnancies). If you don't and something happens after that period, you won't be covered.
For information relating to policies purchased prior to 7 December 2017, please check the PDS provided with your purchase. You can contact us if you need this sent to you again.
Full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions are available in the PDS, including the section Travelling While Pregnant.
This article was written by Travel Insurance Direct.
Talk to us
1300 843 843 from Australia or
+61 2 8263 0483 from Overseas.
Monday to Friday
8:00am - 8:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
Send us an EmailEmail us
In an Emergency
Call +61 2 8256 1523