Travel Insurance Direct recognises that the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is an extraordinary circumstance that has affected many travellers around the world.
To help, we are offering eligible travellers a travel insurance credit if you have been affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) travel bans.
How to apply for a travel insurance credit
If your trip has been put on hold and you can’t travel due to the current government travel bans and haven’t and don’t plan to use your policy, then you can apply for a travel insurance credit by 31 March 2021.
If you’ve already been in touch with us, you don’t have to reapply!
If you haven't been in touch with us already, to apply, please fill in this request form. Eligible customers will be sent a confirmation of their credit.
Credit Offer Redemption
Eligible customers who have received written confirmation of their offer of credit, can redeem this credit by purchasing a new policy and contacting us before 31 March 2022 to receive a refund on the original unused policy.
Terms of credit
- Customers, with departure dates up to and including 31 March 2021 must apply for a credit offer by 31 March 2021.
Who is eligible:
- This credit offer is available for to eligible Australian and New Zealand resident customers with an unused policy who cannot travel due to COVID-19 and the subsequent Australian and New Zealand Government travel restrictions.
Who is not eligible:
- The credit offer cannot be redeemed if you use the original policy in any way, such as:
- a) you have travelled or intend to travel on this policy;
- b) a claim is submitted or you want to exercise any other right under the policy;
- c) the policy is cancelled before the credit is redeemed.
How to redeem:
- To redeem a travel insurance credit, travellers must purchase a new travel insurance policy, subject to the eligibility requirements and terms of the PDS (and any SPDS) in Australia or the policy wording in New Zealand active at the date the new policy is purchased, and request a refund for the original unused policy no later than 31 March 2022.
- Travel insurance credit is redeemed by refunding the original value of the policy after a new policy is purchased. It cannot be redeemed at the time of the new policy purchase or before;
- At least one insured traveller from the original unused policy needs to be listed on the new policy;
- Credit must be redeemed by 31 March 2022. Travel does not have to commence before this date;
Other important information:
- This offer of credit is not transferrable;
- Credit is applicable to the purchase of travel insurance which is managed by nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited on behalf of the underwriter.
- All insurance is subject to eligibility rules and policy terms and conditions made available at the time of booking. Rates and plans may change without notice. Any premium difference between any new policy and the original policy is payable by you at the time of purchase;
- We reserve the right to cancel the credit and any associated purchase without compensation if you do not comply with these terms and conditions.