We recognise that the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is an extraordinary circumstance that has affected many travellers around the world.
Eligible customers who have been affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) travel restrictions have been offered a travel insurance credit.
In addition, we are offering eligible customers the option to cancel their policy outside the cooling-off period and obtain a refund. You can request a refund here.
How to use the credit
Customers who have received written confirmation of their offer of credit, can redeem this credit by purchasing a new policy and contacting us before 31 March 2023 to receive a refund on the original unused policy.
Terms of credit
- Customers, with departure dates up to and including 31 March 2021 must apply for a credit offer by 31 March 2021.
Who is eligible:
- This credit offer is available for to eligible Australian and New Zealand resident customers with an unused policy who cannot travel due to COVID-19 and the subsequent Australian and New Zealand Government travel restrictions.
Who is not eligible:
- The credit offer cannot be redeemed if you use the original policy in any way, such as:
- you have travelled or intend to travel on this policy;
- a claim is submitted or you want to exercise any other right under the policy;
- the policy is cancelled before the credit is redeemed.
How to redeem:
- To redeem a travel insurance credit, travellers must purchase a new travel insurance policy, subject to the eligibility requirements and terms of the PDS (and any SPDS) in Australia or the policy wording in New Zealand active at the date the new policy is purchased, and request a refund for the original unused policy no later than 31 March 2023.
- Travel insurance credit is redeemed by refunding the original value of the policy after a new policy is purchased. It cannot be redeemed at the time of the new policy purchase or before.
- At least one insured traveller from the original unused policy needs to be listed on the new policy.
- Credit must be redeemed by 31 March 2023. Travel does not have to commence before this date.
Other important information:
- This offer of credit is not transferrable.
- Credit is applicable to the purchase of travel insurance which is managed by nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited on behalf of the underwriter.
- All insurance is subject to eligibility rules and policy terms and conditions made available at the time of booking. Rates and plans may change without notice. Any premium difference between any new policy and the original policy is payable by you at the time of purchase.
- We reserve the right to cancel the credit and any associated purchase without compensation if you do not comply with these terms and conditions.