Travel Insurance for Cameras and Personal TechGet your phone, camera, laptops and tablets covered.
What is travel insurance for cameras, phones, laptops and personal technology?
Nobody leaves home without their phone anymore. It’s just the way life is. And that’s just as applicable when you’re travelling. Likewise, if you’re going somewhere truly beautiful, you’ll most likely be taking a camera with you. Phone cameras are getting better and better, but they’ll never be quite the same as a proper SLR camera – especially not if you need a zoom function! Pretty much everyone carries a variety of technological devices on holiday, from headphones to laptops to game consoles. Our standard travel insurance includes cover for these items, subject to limits and the terms and conditions. However, it’s also worth noting that if you have home and contents insurance, you may also have cover for personal valuables outside the home. Not a bad idea to check on this before you leave – there will be a different set of limits and different terms and conditions. Alternatively you could invest int he Extra option of additional cover for your personal valuables when you purchase a travel insurance policy with us.
Why do I need travel insurance for cameras and personal technology items?
Very simply, these are expensive and portable. That means they’re a high risk for theft, and because they’re electronic, they’re also a high risk for damage. This means that you really want to have cover for them. The policy covers most electronic items, but with different limits on different types of devices.
What Standard cover is available for cameras phones and tech?
- This depends a little on the plan you choose, but the important thing is that on all plans, most items are limited to $700. Particularly for your phone, that may not be enough cover.
- The Works and Annual Frequent Traveller plans both cover up to $4000 for each laptop, tablet, camera or video camera. Those items are only $2000 each under a Basics plan.
- If you’re carrying business equipment, under the Annual Frequent Traveller you can be covered up to $5000 in total for that equipment. Your boss won’t be happy you lost the equipment, but if the business insurance doesn’t cover it, we can step in and help
- There’s up to $250 for stolen cash, except on the Basics plan.
- Some extra cover is available for when your luggage is delayed and for replacing your passport
- It’s also worth noting that the cover for these items is based on the original purchase price, and depreciated based on its age.
What is covered with the EXTRA cover for valuable items option?
Cameras: . . The great thing about this extra option is that, unlike the standard item cover, There’s a pretty good chance that you’ll want to specify your phone, as most phones that are less than a couple of years old are probably worth more than the $700 limit.
- When you buy the policy, you can add the items on
- Cameras, Digital Cameras, and Video Cameras are automatically covered up to $4,000* per item and you can have a total of $10,000 worth of items specified.
- Laptops and tablets: iPads, Tablets, Notebooks and Laptops are automatically covered up to $4,000* per item
- Phones: All phones, including iPhones and Android phones, are covered up to $700.this extra cover provides ‘new for old’ replacement, meaning that if we can just get you a replacement for whatever was stolen or damaged, we’ll do that for you and if we can’t, at least we won’t depreciate the value of the old item!
- *On The Works and Annual Multi Trip plans only For full terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions please read the policy wording.
What else can travel insurance cover?
Here are some of the cover benefits available with your policy.
Don't like medical bills?
Compensation for unforeseen medical expenses incurred whilst on an overseas holiday
Insurance if you have to cancel your trip due to unforeseeable events outside of your control (e.g. sudden illness).
Taking luggage with you?
Cover if your luggage is stolen, permanently lost or accidentally damaged due to circumstances outside of your control.
Airline cancelled flight?
If your flight is cancelled by the Airline for operational reasons we cover the reasonable cost of meals and accommodation.
Choose a plan that suits your holiday.
We have two International plans to select from with different levels of cover.
Our most popular & comprehensive travel insurance plan - think first class without the price tag.