Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:00:00 AM
Rapidly intensifying from a tropical storm to a Category 5-equivalent super typhoon over the past few days, Super Typhoon Hagibis has now been forecast to approach the south-central coast of Japan.
This event is now widely reported in the media, and any policies that may offer cover for the storm will no longer offer cover for claims that arise from the storm for policies purchased after:
- 10:00pm UTC/GMT on Monday 7 October 2019
- 9:00am AEDT on Tuesday 8 October 2019
- 11:00am NZDT on Tuesday 8 October 2019
Note: Cover offered by travel insurance policies issued by nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty may vary. Please read your policy wording for full details of cover.
If your travel plans are affected
- Contact your airline, cruise or tour operator to check if tourist services are affected.
- If you need to change your travel arrangements, contact your airline, cruise company or travel agent for assistance in the first instance. Refer to your policy wording for more detail or contact our Customer Service Centre to discuss your plans before making any changes.
- Injured or ill? Contact the emergency assistance team as soon as possible. Their details are listed on your Certificate of Insurance.
- In the event of a claim covered by your policy, you must do everything you can to minimise and reduce the cost of the claim and provide all supporting documentation of the event and expenses incurred. If you intend to submit a claim, please complete the claim form and if you need help doing this, contact us.