3. The competition giveaway starts at 12:00am 1/9/2018 and ends at 11:59pm 31/10/2018 (“Competition Period”). All references to time are local in Sydney, Australia
WHO MAY ENTER
4. This competition is open to all Australian residents, over the age of 18, who purchase a travel insurance policy with Travel Insurance Direct during the competition period.
5. This competition is not open to any employees or family members of Travel Insurance Direct Pty Ltd or its related bodies corporate or any person who purchases a policy and then subsequently cancels that policy.
ENTRANTS BOUND BY CONDITIONS
6. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
HOW TO ENTER
7. To enter, entrants must read these Terms and Conditions, and purchase a travel insurance policy from Travel Insurance Direct during the Competition Period.
8. Entry into the competition is automatic once the applicable data has been submitted.
LIMITATIONS ON ENTRY
9. Multiple entries will be accepted and a person will have a chance to win in respect to each entry submitted. Entries submitted after 11:59pm 31/10/2018 will not be accepted.
10. Entry into the competition is free. However any costs associated with an individual entering the competition are the responsibility of the entrant.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or a person who purchases a policy and subsequently cancels that policy.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
12. The prize draw will take place at the offices of Travel Insurance Direct Pty Ltd at Governor Macquarie Tower, Level 18, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney N.S.W, 2000 on the 1/11/2018 at 10:00 am AEST.
13. The winner will be selected through a computer generated draw from Random.org.
14. The first  valid entry to be randomly drawn will receive the Prizes listed in Clauses 15 and 16. Each entrant will have a fair and equal chance of winning the Prize listed in Clauses 15 and 16.
15. The Prize consists of the following:
a) two  return economy airfares from the winners' closest state capital, Australia, to Honolulu, Hawaii (including airport transfers in Honolulu to/from hotel); and b) 7 nights’ accommodation in Honolulu in a Wakiki View King Room at the Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger Hotel, in Waikiki (Room Only); and c) $2000 spending money. d) Total prize value is up to $8000 AUD inclusive of airline taxes and surcharges.
16. The winner and their travelling companion will also receive a The Works travel insurance policy from Travel Insurance Direct, subject to clause 17 below.
a) INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL CONDITIONS
International travel prizes are subject to the following conditions: i. Travel arrangements must be booked before 1 May 2019 and the Prize, including all travel and stays in the relevant accommodation, must be undertaken by the 30 September 2019. No extensions possible. ii. Each winner and their companion, must be in possession of a valid passport with a minimum of six (6) months validity prior to the departure date; iii. Prize is not valid during peak holiday periods including school and/or public holidays or other nominated black-out periods; iv. Any amendment fees or charges incurred as a result of any changes to the flights, once confirmed and ticketed are the responsibility of the winner; v. Visa, valid passport, insurance (excluding the travel insurance as part of the Prize), spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, excess baggage, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance other than the included travel insurance and any insurance excesses, are the responsibility of the winner and their companion as incurred. Excluding any of the above that are included as part of the Prize in Clauses 15 and 16; vi. It is the winner’s responsibility to organise transport to/from the airport departure/return point; vii. It is the winner (and their companions) responsibility to comply with health or other government requirements; and viii. Prizes are subject to the airlines Condition of Carriage. b) Prize is subject to availability at time of booking. c) The Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to remove any of the travel destination options in the event that travel to such destinations is deemed dangerous in accordance with travel advice obtained from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. d) Flights are subject to availability at time of booking. Airline booked will be based on direct flights to chosen destination.
17. TRAVEL INSURANCE CLAUSE
The Prize of a travel insurance policy with Travel Insurance Direct Pty Limited will be issued subject to the applicants’ meeting eligibility criteria and subject to the policy’s terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions.
18. Prize values are equivalent to the recommended retail price of the relevant prize as at 14/08/2018. The Promoter does not take any responsibility for any variations in Prize value. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. In the event that any Prize or part thereof is unavailable, subject to any relevant regulatory requirements, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater recommended retail value. Any extra costs beyond the value of the Prize as outlined in these Terms and Conditions will be the responsibility of the winner.
19. In the event that the winner, for any reason, does not accept the Prize or any element thereof, then the Prize (or the relevant element) will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that forfeited Prize (or the relevant element)
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting any Prize and advise entrants that independent financial advice be sought in the event of winning.
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PUBLICATION
21. The winner will be notified in writing via email within two (2) days of the draw taking place (3/11/2018), and their name published on https://www.facebook.com/TIDaustralia within two (2) days of the draw taking place (3/11/2018), for a minimum period of 28 days. The winners will also be notified via telephone. When the Promoter advises the winners they have won a prize, the particulars of how the prize is to be delivered or collected is advised to the winner. The Promoter will not notify entrants of failure to win a Prize. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the Prize winner, however the Promoter is not responsible for contacting the winner by any other method, or for the winner not receiving notification for any reason. Entrants are responsible for providing and maintaining correct contact details. Each entrant warrants that any details provided with his/her entry are true and accurate, and the entrant indemnifies the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of this warranty.
22. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late, incorrectly entered or misdirected entries.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems, technical malfunction or failure of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email or other communication network or system, including any failure of an entry to be received in whole or in part by the Promoter due to any of the above or on account of other technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or telecommunication systems, or any combination of these issues.
SECOND CHANCE DRAW
24. A draw for the Prize, if unclaimed after reasonable effort by the Promoter to contact a Prize winner, may take place on 3/2/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from relevant regulatory authorities. In the case of a winner, they will be notified by email within 2 days from the redraw (5/2/2019) and their name published on https://www.facebook.com/TIDaustralia within 2 days (5/2/2019) from the redraw. The Prize winner will also be contacted by their nominated phone number.
25. Once the winner has confirmed acceptance of their Prize over the phone and reply email, following notification of their win, the Promoter will supply the Prizes to the winner within the next 28 day period as follows: a) The Promoter will supply the winner’s details to Helloworld Travel. Helloworld will book the travel and accommodation aspect of the Prize on behalf of the winner. Receipt of the Prize is conditional upon the winner (and his/her guests if applicable) having a valid passport and visa (if appropriate) permitting travel to the relevant destination, with at least six (6) months’ validity. b) The travel insurance policy must be purchased by the winner through the Travel insurance Direct website https://www.travelinsurancedirect.com.au/ with the winner listed as the primary traveller. Once proof of purchase has been provided, Travel Insurance Direct will reimburse the full cost of the insurance policy to the winner. If the winner is not eligible for travel insurance through Travel Insurance Direct, they will be responsible for obtaining his or her own equivalent travel insurance to cover all activities and will be reimbursed by Travel Insurance Direct. c) The Promoter will deliver the spending money component of the Prize to the eligible winner via bank transfer to the winners’ nominated Australian bank account.
26. By accepting a Prize, the winner accepts full and complete responsibility for their own safety and welfare at all times and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, agrees that the Promoter shall not be liable or responsible for any risks or damages associated with or arising out of the winner’s acceptance of the Prize. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, arising out of or relating to the Competition or as a result of taking any of the Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
27. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which prevents them from complying with or fulfilling any element of these Prize Terms (“Force Majeure Event”), the Promoter will not be liable or responsible in any in respect of such Force Majeure Event.
28. By entering this Competition all entrants and participants: a. Release Facebook fully from any or all liability in connection with this competition; and b. Acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook
29. Any information provided by entrants is done so to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
CONSENT TO USE ENTRIES
30. By entering the competition, entrants consent to the information they submit with their entry, including personal details and/or literary response, being entered into a database and the Promoter may use this information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes (including sending electronic communication) without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant.